Towing FAQ

What are the Impound lot hours?

Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

What forms of payment do you accept?FAQ

We accept all major credit cards, Com checks, T-Checks, EFS checks and of course cash.  We do not accept personal checks.

What info do I need when I call for a tow truck?

It’s important that you can provide your location. You will also need to give the make, model and year of your vehicle to the dispatcher to ensure that they send out the right type of truck.  Also, provide a description of your emergency.

Can you bill my insurance company?

Currently we do not bill insurance companies.  You must pay for the service up front and submit the paid invoice to your insurance.

Do you accept AAA?

Currently, we do not.

Can you bill me?

All invoices are due at the time of service.

What do I need to pick up my impounded vehicle?

Always call to verify you have all documents for release and that your vehicle is at the correct location (Owatonna or Faribault).

  • Proof of ownership (Original Title, Bill of Sale, Registration). Copies will NOT be accepted as proof of ownership.
  • Proof of Insurance (Current dates, correct VIN)
  • VALID driver’s license (of any person driving a vehicle off Dean’s Towing premises)
  • Must meet any requirements from the law enforcement agency for any pending vehicle HOLDS
  • Payment (Visa, Mastercard or Cash)
What is a vehicle “hold”?

A “hold” is an order by a police agency that restricts access to a towed vehicle.  This might be because of a requirement that the vehicle owner pays a fee to the police before the vehicle is released; or, it might be necessary to have an officer physically inspect the vehicle. Whenever a car has had a hold, no matter how short a time, the owner must get a release from the police before the car can be returned to them.

Do we buy cars for scrap?

No, we do not buy vehicles for scrap.

Do you tow in Albert Lea, MN?

Yes, Dean’s Towing can handle light, medium and heavy-duty towing or winch outs in the Albert Lea area.

Do I have to be with the vehicle?

No, you do not need to be with the vehicle if you leave the keys with the car and let us know where you will be leaving the key.  Common places to hide the key are under the floor mat, above the visor, in the gas flap, in the ignition or on the tire.

Can you unlock my car with electronic locks or side impact airbags?

Yes. All our drivers are trained locksmiths who carry an assortment of vehicle unlocking tools.

Do our tow truck drivers need a special license?

Yes, all our trucks require that the driver have a valid, in good standing, CDL license.

Do tow truck drivers have special training?

Yes. Our drivers begin by receiving intensive specialized training, then they are teamed with an experienced driver on the job until able to perform every aspect of the job with competence.

Are tow trucks inspected for road worthiness?

Yes.  All our trucks are approved to tow for the Minnesota State Patrol, our trucks must pass an MSP inspection and a DOT inspection annually.